1. Make Exercise a Priority: Exercise keeps our bodies in shape while helping us to release negative emotions.
Tips for prioritizing exercise:
- Schedule it and stick to it! Set a reminder on your phone or add a task to your calendar. Whatever you need to do to remember the time for getting your move on.
- Change it up. Try to get a group text going with some friends who can hold you accountable, you can send each other workout ideas, Instagram posts of new fitness workouts you want to try, and even recipes. Having an accountable partner will make things more fun and make you less likely to flake on a workout.
2. Disconnect from Technology:Add a radiationprotector to your cell phone: Everyday screen time affects our mental health, eye strain and harmful radiation that emits from them from too many hours spent in front of a screen each day.
Tips for disconnecting:
- Set limits on the amount of time you spend on the computer or on your phone. Also try not to be on an electronic at least two hours before sleep. Don’t let signing on be the first part of your morning routine. Give your mind and body time to wake up and adjust to the new day.
- Use blue light block glasses if you work in an environment with bright lights or in front of a computer all day. Our favorite brand is True Dark and you can save 15% off your entire order when you use promo code "UNICORNS."
- It's also beneficial to keep an EMF radiation blocker on your nightstand, such as a Shungite Tile, to block and absorb the negative radiation coming off your cell phone. That energy never goes any further – it is dissipated within the Shungite. Shungite takes care of the EMFs, the pulsing energies that come off so many of our electronics. The worst offenders are the cordless phone that we have in our houses, the landlines. Next, on the list are the cell phones.
3. Eat a Well-Balanced Diet: A well-balanced individual starts with a well-balanced diet. Eating a diet rich in plant based, whole foods will help keep the body aligned.
Tips for eating healthy:
- Plan ahead and make sure you make a grocery list so you don’t forget anything or buy anything you may not need.
- Try to stay away from GMO and processed food and stick to organic, and whole foods. Definitely try your best to stay away from dairy, unless it is grass-fed. Almond milk is a great alternative to processed cow's milk — which I hate to break it to you, is filled with cow puss and blood that is then colored white!
4. Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness is a form of meditation or just a practice of calming down your mind. Meaning being present in the now, not stressing about the past or worrying about the future and accepting all that is. An awareness of our thoughts, emotions, body sensations, and the environment around us.
Tips for mindful practice:
- When eating, take your time to savor each and every bite. When we take the time to eat, we are better able to enjoy our food and appreciate the nourishment our bodies are receiving. Also avoid watching TV or eating while doing something else.
- Try to journal and write out a list of things you are grateful for, affirmations you want to achieve, or manifestations of how you want your year and future to go. Remember to write in the present tense. Example: “I am …” not “I want…” If you are a beginner doing a 30 day manifestation challenge can give you a jump start.
5. Make Time for Fun: Even boss chicks need some time for fun! So while focusing your efforts on over the world may come naturally, work a little downtime into those plans as well….whether that's a night on the town or a night in the tub. It’s time to relax and focus only on fun. No work, no stress, no planning.
Tips for having more fun:
- Start a new hobby, a new blog, try something new! Plan a trip with a friend and stay in an AirBnB.
- Schedule in some weekly downtime and make a commitment to yourself that you’ll spend that time doing something that brings you joy or a self-care ritual dedicated to only yourself.
Have a self-care tip to add? Share in the comments below!