How amazing is it to start your day off after getting consistent, quality sleep? Whether it's the day-to-day grind, accomplishing new goals or doing something you love with people you love, life goes so much better when well rested! We can all relate to lack of sleep affecting one or more areas in our lives... overall mood, productivity, effective communication, being present, relationships, or difficulty combating negative habits. Lack of sleep can send us into a spiral of setbacks, so getting back into a healthy routine is so important if we want to show up as our best selves.
Getting a full 8 hours of sleep a night is my ultimate beauty secret. I am about to be 30 next month, and everyone tells me that I still look 21. My sisters swears that it is because I get more (healthy) hours of sleep than anyone she knows. Melatonin and Hemp are beneficial in assisting your body to regulate or reset its natural clock. Our circadian rhythm and sleep/ wake cycle tells our body when it is time to sleep and when it is time to wake up. Disruptions to our sleep cycles caused by anxiety, stress, inconsistent bedtimes, and travel can spur temporary or chronic insomnia which derail much needed rest. Whether you have trouble falling sleeping, want a predictable sleep schedule, or have been thrown off by jet lag, a melatonin CBD supplementwill be your new best friend.
TAKE $15 OFF YOUR NIGHT TIME FORMULA USE CODE "SLEEPWELL" AT CHECKOUT! CLICK HERE.
Sleep disruptions throw off melatonin production. Melatonin is what your body makes to provide “night information” or “time to sleep information” and is what stabilizes the circadian rhythm. If your body isn't naturally producing enough melatonin, taking a supplement can help put you back on the right track.
When I started taking melatonin supplements, I loved the deep sleep that I got and that I always woke up feeling refreshed and never groggy. I also loved that I never got dependent on them. That I simply took when needed or nightly, on the nights that I wanted or needed a perfect nights sleep. After becoming such a lover of this beautiful vitamin, I decided that to make it even better, for over all health, paring it with Hemp oil and 5HTTP would be DIVINE.
- Melatonin helps you fall asleep by a desired time-and stay asleep. For those with delayed sleep-phase syndrome (consistent delay of 2 hours or more than a typical sleep schedule), it especially helps with falling asleep faster than usual. By bringing melatonin levels back to normal, your body is able to put it’s sleep schedule back into stability, giving you a better night's rest.
- Melatonin also binds to certain brain receptors to slow down nerve activity which put your body into a state of relaxation.
- Melatonin helps with jet lag recovery. Because melatonin is triggered by a response to darkness, traveling can cause a disruption in sleep cycles and inadequate melatonin production. Taking a supplement before or after you travel can help regulate melatonin levels.
Take at least 2 hrs before bed.Think of how our bodies are naturally meant to sleep. When the sun goes down, that is how our bodies know it is time to rest soon so it starts to produce melatonin. But we do not fall asleep right away. That’s why if you want to be asleep by 10, take melatonin no later than 8- and it is recommended to take supplements even earlier (around 6) for it to be most effective.
Avoid blue light from your phone and computer screen.These lights basically tell our brains “time to wake up”.If you take melatonin supplements and are still using your phone or computer, this resets your body’s circadian rhythm- which can end up making sleep problems even worse than if you had never taken melatonin. Once you take melatonin, switching your phone to “night shift” or a blue light filter, wearing blue light glasses if you are on your computer or phone, and switching to all warm lighting throughout the house help make melatonin effective.-Or just stay off your phone and spend some time in self-care instead!
Cannabidiol interacts with the brain in a way that sends messages to receptors about the sleep/wake cycle. In addition, hemp helps to soothe symptoms of physical and mental pain that can make falling asleep difficult. The components of hemp are not the same as cannabis (marijuana) because it does not contain THC which is what causes the “high”-making it the perfect antidote for those who don’t want the psychoactive effects.
- Hemp decreases inflammation in the body so any body aches and pains are relieved, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Can ease REM sleep disorder which affects the sleep/wake cycle and cause nightmares.
- Anxiety and depression are considered a bidirectional problem- meaning they are the cause of and the result of insomnia. Because of the probable effect on serotonin levels, hemp soothes anxiety and depression which make it easier to fall asleep and prevent anxiety.
Want to try my formula for yourself? Designed and formulated by my best friend and I, made to fit our lifestyle. Click hereto learn more.
Take lower doses. 10mg/kg is the sweet spot for seeing results when it comes to using hemp to treat anxiety. Higher doses are not proven to show any benefits, and because of the way it bonds to brain receptors, it can even overwhelm the brain-reducing the likelihood of positive effects.
Check and make sure it won’t interfere with other medications you may be taking. Hemp can interact with liver enzymes and prevent your medication from metabolizing. Antidepressants like Prozac or cholesterol-lowering medication like Lipitor are some that can cause harmful interactions but be sure to check with your doctor.
- BetterSleep, BetterMental Well-Being:It is a vicious cycle when stress leads to less sleep, adding more stress.
- BetterSleep, BetterPhysical Health: It is important for our immune system so our bodies can fight off viruses or recover from any injuries.
- BetterSleep, BetterProductivity: Quality sleep is needed to improve mental processing to its optimal capability.
- BetterSleep, BetterSelf Care: Sleep affects emotional processing, so lack of sleep only makes time in self-care more difficult.
TAKE $15 OFF YOUR NIGHT TIME FORMULA USE CODE "SLEEPWELL AT CHECKOUT! CLICK HERE.