Social Media Manager & Content Creator
Chasin' Unicorns offers a monthly subscription box packed with ritual bath and body care like bath bombs, body oils, body butter, toners, as well as wellness items like crystals, aromatherapy, herbal remedies and teas, natural beauty products, jewelry, and ritual tools to help nurture self-love through self-care. We are a vegan and cruelty-free company.
We’re currently seeking to hire a Social Media Manager & Content Creator who will be responsible for coordinating social media strategy for Chasin' Unicorns as well as creating written and visual content for sharing across social media platforms. This position will start with approximately 20 hours per week but has the potential to grow into a full-time position. This will be an online freelance position available to qualified candidates with a reliable Internet connection and available to work Mon–Fri, between 9am–5pm on EST or PST time zones. The starting hourly rate is estimated to range from approximately $18–$23, but will ultimately depend on the level of experience and skillset of the selected candidate.
Read on to find out if you’re a match...
You have 2+ year experience coordinating social media strategy and posting for a physical product brand. You likely have gained this experience as an entrepreneur running your own small business, or while working for a growing company where you wore many hats, quickly becoming indispensable to the founders. You currently have a job that’s going well but not your dream job, or are in between gigs and holding out for an opportunity that’s perfectly aligned with your ethos and interests. You know you are…
- A strategic thinker
- Love planning ahead
- An online marketing guru
- Stocked with all the right equipment to make epic photos & videos
- Great at visual storytelling
- A trend spotter
- A strong and compelling copywriter
- Optimistic but realistic
- Good with tiny details
- Incredibly organized
- Very resourceful
- Able to grasp a brand’s voice and vibe easily
- Able to see “holes” in processes or projects
- Highly intuitive
- Dedicated to your spiritual & self-care practice so you can keep balanced
Did we basically just describe you? If so, keep reading…
You absolutely must have experience with:
- 2+ year experience in social media management on behalf of a physical product brand with responsibilities like creating written and visual content for social media, scheduling social media posts, tracking engagement, reviewing social media analytics and creating new social media strategies.
- 1+ year experience taking photos and making videos on behalf of a physical product brand.
Extra points if you have experience with:
- Coordinating product reviews on behalf of a brand
- Managing an affiliate program on behalf of a brand
- Using an online project management tools like Basecamp
- Using tools like oracle cards, crystals, aromatherapy, sacred geometry and more in your personal or professional life
- Familiarity with Goddess Provisions
How to Apply
If this role sounds right up your alley and you meet all of the requirements listed above, please send an application to [email protected] with the following:
- Details about your social media, photography and videography experience, including some links to examples of your visual creations and links to the social media accounts you’ve worked on. For fun, mention your sun and moon sign and attach your human design type body graph.
- A link to a video introducing yourself and explaining the experience you have that makes you qualified for this position in 1–3 minutes (no fancy editing required!). It can be hosted on Google Drive, Dropbox or posted as an unlisted YouTube video, but please make sure anyone with the link has access to view it.
- At the bottom of your email, copy and paste the italicized description in this job ad that describes the type of person we’re looking for and bold the traits that accurately describe you. Just below this, also copy and paste the “extra points” section and bold the experience you have. Honesty is key!
- Attach your resume as a PDF.